The first week of New World was an incredible roller coaster for development teams and the hundreds of thousands of players trying to log into the game. The New World development team was quick to tackle the issues. server queue by adding twice as many servers and increasing the number of players that can be on a server at the same time, but they have just started these solutions. The next big issue is to release the server transfer feature and distribute it for free to all players.
Amazon Games responded quickly to long queues by increasing the number of servers and increasing the number of players that can be on a server at any given time. Due to all the confusion and rapid releases of new servers, the team announced shortly after that server transfers would be underway to ensure all players can find a suitable server to call home. The basics of this transfer system were done in Update 1.1. While it’s still not here, we’re getting closer and should expect to see it available in the New World Store soon.
Due to the huge wait times, players never wanted to leave their server and found ways to stay online indefinitely, such as automatically running into a wall. Update 1.1 addresses this issue by adding layers of security to ensure players cannot trick the AFK system and by shortening the AFK timer windows.
In addition to these two announcements, a handful of bugfixes were added, along with other issues players encountered with quests.
Unfortunately, nothing in the update fixes the lag during the Amrine Expedition, but hopefully that starts to clear up for players who still need to progress in the main quest.
New World Update 1.1
We have implemented thThe basics of transferring the character server, and you can see elements of that working in the in-game store. We are continuing to work on this feature and will have more information on how the system works later this week when we post. server transfers.
Turret projectiles in War have been replaced with physical projectiles to use sweep detection. This should improve performance in War, with fewer items being spawned in the world.
In order to ensure that players cannot stay AFK, especially on servers with a higher population, we have made the following adjustments to the AFK prevention system.
- Added additional AFK prevention to ensure gamers cannot trick the existing system with simulated mouse movement.
- Shortened the AFK warning message from 20 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Shortcut AFK disconnection from 25 minutes to 20 minutes.
We added a confirmation screen when a player attempts to quit the queue for a world, asking them to confirm if they intend to quit the queue. This should help ensure that no one accidentally leaves the queue and misses their place in the queue.
- Fixed a rare issue that prevented the interaction key from working properly on various objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the cannon from appearing in the “Pirate Position” emote.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players not receiving coins as a reward for certain activities.
- Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation could get the player character stuck inside a house.
- Fixed an issue in Territory Status rewards where localized text was missing.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being prompted to claim Achievement Titles multiple times after re-logging into the game, when they had already claimed the rewards.
- Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
- Fixed game crashes related to New World Twitch integrations.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could enter a state where they couldn’t be hit by most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where some item containers could be looted endlessly.
- Fixed an issue where the event abort notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.
- Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to aggressively spawn at Walsham’s Point of Interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue that caused enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixed an issue that caused Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the quest “Something to Prove”.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at Kannan’s Tomb POI.
- Added missing information in the log on the recommended quest level for players trying to unlock the second faction rank.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the quest “Blessings of the Earth” when you obtained one of the blessings would block progress in the main story quest (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where the quest “Azoth Fulminate” was not available to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the quest “Crushing Goodwill” prevented the player from getting the quest “Arruda Jam”.
- Fixed an issue where the Bartender’s conversation state in First Light could enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the Bartender.
- Fixed an issue where completing the quest “Taste of Vengeance” prevented the player from getting the “Predator, Prey” and “High Expectations” quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the quest “Curse of the Ebony Falcon” would prevent the player from getting the quest “Bond’s Bet”.
- Fixed an issue where completing the quest “The Saircor Expedition” would prevent the player from getting the quest “One Threat at a Time”.
- Fixed an issue where completing the quest “Strength of the Earth” would prevent the player from getting the “Faded Lights” and “Tears of Azure” quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the quest “Twisted Transfiguration” would prevent the player from obtaining the quest “Blessings of the Fallen”.
- Fixed an issue where completing the quest “Facets of Light and Dark” would prevent the player from obtaining the “Descent to Frosty Sleep” and “Transmute Iron to Dust” quests.