Age of Empires IV, the latest addition to Microsoft’s decades-old real-time strategy franchise.
Age of Empires is often considered one of the pioneers of the real-time strategy genre. The game allows players to build civilizations through different periods of history. Just recently, the trilogy received a remastered treatment in the form of definitive editions. Xbox has also developed new content for AoE II DE and AoE III DE.
Age of Empires IV takes the franchise back to its medieval times, made famous by AoE II.
How to participate in the Age of Empires IV Tech Stress Test
Age of Empires IV is one of the most anticipated strategy games of 2021. While the previous alpha was behind closed doors and under NES, Xbox and World’s Edge invite everyone to join in the tech stress test.
This test aims to fully test the servers before launch as well as to verify the minimum requirements. It’s absolutely free, and anyone can request it. Here’s how to do it:
On the Microsoft Store
- Install Xbox Insider Hub from the Microsoft Store.
- Sign in and launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your PC
- Go to Previews> Age of Empires IV Tech Resistance Test
- Select Join
- The reader will then be directed to the Microsoft Store to download and install
- Log in and launch Steam
- Search for Age of Empires IV
- Scroll down the store page to the Join the Ages of Empires IV Technical Stress Test section and click on Request Access
- Steam will indicate the next steps in the pop-up to follow
- The game will be available for installation from the library.
Age of Empires IV includes an Indian server
One of the major campaigns of Age of Empires IV will be the civilization of the Sultanate of Delhi. However, that’s not the only thing Indian fans are happy about.
When it comes to India, the Xbox is known to be a bit casual, especially when compared to its competitor, Sony’s PlayStation brand. As such, including a dedicated Indian server is a big deal.
System Requirements For Age of Empires IV
Besides server testing, one of the other main reasons Xbox listings are testing low-end hardware optimization and encouraging fans to test the game limit.
That being said, the system requirements for Age of Empires IV are as follows,
- Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 50 GB of available space
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U or AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 520 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11
- Processor: 3.6 GHz 6 cores (Intel i5) or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Memory: 16 GB of RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 970 GPU or AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU with 4 GB of VRAM
Age of Empires IV is slated for release on October 28, 2021 for Windows 10 PC via the Microsoft Store and Steam.